Head of Marketing
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager with experience in taking software products to market!
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our customers’ problems.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Understand the competitive landscape and be an expert on competitive products through thorough research of the market, compiling competitor reviews and providing input to Product Management around product positioning
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target market personas.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our customers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Develop sales plans with key targets/KPIs, customer targeting etc
- Developing Thought leadership programs to drive engagement
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups,
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. A team player!
- Previous experience in an HR Software, Learning and Development or Customer Relationship Management environment will be an advantage